Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Birthday Sneak Peak

Hey guys! So, on the 13th it's my hubby's birthday. I already gave him his gifts, he had wanted Batman Arkham Asylum. We couldn't find it anywhere in store so I ended up ordering it on ebay. Needless to say, he loves it and I like that his playing on my account gets trophies for me hah I also picked up 4 new tops and a pair of jeans for him from Old Navy. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago when they had 25% off your entire purchase. It was only $61 with taxes, how cool is that?! I very much enjoy saving money hah yes, like a crazy person.

Anyway, we were joking around last week about what he wanted me to make and the topic of an ice cream cake came up. At first, honestly, I was kinda ehh about it. But having some time to think about it, I've warmed up to the idea! I'm actually pretty excited about it now. I've never made one before so you know...be nice when I post pictures hah. I'm going to do a chocolate mint cake with a layer of vanilla ice cream and hopefully a layer of Oreo cookies (chunked up) coated in chocolate syrup. Both me and the hubby LOVE mint ice cream; but not so much everyone else. At least not to the extent that we love it, so adding the mint to the cake will be a nice alternative. The Oreo layer was really just inspiration from DQ. Oh my goodness, you have no idea how much I adore DQ cones hah

So now you're probably asking, why not get a DQ cake? I don't know about you guys but those are some expensive cakes! Besides, all my love and "awesome" go into what I'm making hah So I'm going to go and pick up a springform pan or two this weekend. That's one item I have yet to collect for the new house anyway. I'm curious though, has anyone else attempted making their own? I'd love to hear how it came out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
back to top