Monday, May 09, 2011

Lavender Honey Cupcakes


Perfect Mother's Day

Happy belated mother’s day everyone! Hopefully everyone had just as much of a delightful day as I did.

As promised, I made dessert for everyone yesterday. It went over quite well! And without further ado….

Lavender honey cupcakes! Oh they were so darn good; super moist and it was a nice change from vanilla or chocolate. Everyone loved them, the look and the taste. I got a few head turns when I mentioned that it was lavender flavored; they knew there was a different taste to it but didn’t realize it was flower flavored hah. Regardless it was loved by all.

Perfect Mother's Day

As you can see I got impatient and over filled the cupcake liners hah, notice the “muffin tops” I won’t be doing that again. They didn’t turn out horrible or anything because of it but I would have preferred no overhang for the sake of prettiness. I was also very sad decorating these; I used to be able to decorate cakes and anything else I wanted with ease and precision. It’s not the case anymore; ever since I got sick I’ve had uncontrollable shakes. I hate it for many reasons, but this is at the top of the list. So please don’t judge me too harshly on that, I’m going to try and work on it slowly and see if I can improve it somewhat.

Perfect Mother's Day

Perfect Mother's Day
See! I over filled them...didn't change how awesome they tasted!

Perfect Mother's Day

So here’s my recipe, please feel free to tweak it to your liking.


Lavender Honey cupcakes (double for cake)

Ingredients

• 2 ¼ cups flour
• ½ cup honey
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 2 ¼ cups lavender sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 cup sour cream
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract OR Butternut Extract (so much nicer)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Leave honey separate for the time being. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, buttermilk, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Add honey in near the end. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with whatever topping you’d like.


Let me know what you think, or any changes you made for the better or otherwise hah

2 comments:

Mailbox Memories said...

Oh wow! These cupcakes look so yummy! Love the butterflies. Great job! :0)

The Sugar Chandelier said...

Thanks! they tasted super ^^

Post a Comment

 
back to top